Good Question, but first you have to define
1. when the American Revolution started
2. what constitutes a naval battle
- a battle between two ships?
- a ship firing on the shore?
- shore bound personnel boarding a ship and taking it over?
When I created the Battles Index, I had the same problem, only in the beginning we discriminated against two ships (that's what I called naval), as I was interested in land battles & skirmishes. We've since changed that, but haven't yet added all the naval battles. See the Notes button on the first page of the webpage below.
To Join the Company of Military Historians click here