Editor – Company Journal
Selection Criteria: The Journal Editor shall be elected by the Board of Governors and serves at their pleasure. Should a Journal Editor resign or die, the Vice President for Publications will appoint an acting Journal Editor who will serve as such until the next regular Board of Governors meeting.
Supervision: The Journal Editor reports to the Vice President for Publications. Any decision made by the Vice President for Publications may be appealed directly to the President.
1. Appoint assistant Journal editors and define their duties and titles, as required. Any appointment or definition of duties may be overridden by the Board of Governors.
2. Edit the CMH Journal and prepare for publishing quarterly.
3. Provide current, accurate, and complete data to the Administrator and the Vice President for Publications allowing both to provide reports to the President and Board of Governors.
4. Cooperate fully with the Administrator regarding shipping and preparation for shipping of the material prepared by the editorial staff.
5. Secure signed copies of publications agreements from authors of journal articles, signing two copies of each as Editor MC&H; one for the author, and the other for the permanent CMH record. The MC&H Editor will forward all publications agreements signed by himself and the authors to the Administrator.
6. Answer letters received from members or referred from the President, Vice President for Publications, or Administrator. Maintain files of such correspondence and turn these files over to the Administrator at regular intervals, but as a minimum annually.
7. Provide notice of resignation six month in advance.
The editor should be prepared to spend a minimum of 40 hours per month in this position.