Vice-President – Membership
Selection Criteria: The Vice President for Membership will be elected by the Board of Governors to serve three years.
Supervision: The Vice President for Membership receives direction from the President in the absence of specific direction from the Board of Governors.
1. Attend all Board of Governors meetings.
2. Provide reports concerning all areas of responsibility at Board of Governor meetings.
3. Oversee all awards committees.
4. Work with the Administrator, Treasurer, and other Vice Presidents, as necessary, for the harmonious and efficient operation of the CMH.
5. Receive from the Administrator all recommendations received from the membership regarding awards, except those for Fellowships.
6. Chair all committees regarding writing and MUIA awards of the Company. Bring recommendations for such awards to the Board of Governors for approval. All such actions will be fully coordinated with the Vice President for Publications, who automatically is a member of all such committees.
7. Excluding Fellowship recognition and Distinguished Service Awards, chair committees for all other awards as created by the Board of Governors. Bring recommendations for such awards to the Board of Governors for approval.
8. Answer letters received from members or referred from the President or Administrator concerning job responsibilities. Maintain files of such correspondence and turn these files over to the Administrator at regular intervals, but as a minimum, within 2 months of completing each term in office.
9. Provide advice on membership and development matters to the Executive Committee.
10. Be a voting member of the Executive Committee.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the President or by action of the Board of Governors.
The vice president should be prepared to spend a minimum of ten hours per month on this position, as well as attend two annual meetings at his/her own expense
I fully understand and accept the responsibilities of this position.